Well here we go....
I cant say I am feeling totally ready. But at the same time I cant say I am not feeling ready. How does that sound? I think i am more concerned with travel and getting Gretta there in one piece, what wheels to bring ( since i dont really have alot of option, pick the disc and if its super windy I am screwed..) Life will be easier when i am driving. For now I am looking at Lonestar or whatever its now called as:
1) FUN. I GET TO RACE!!!
2) I get to see my sister race in the OLY saturday!
3) Its flat. I train on hills all the time. No not Lemmon-esque hills but I dont often ride or run flat. So this may be fun, or dreadfully boring and hard on overused muscles that wont get a break going up a hill!
4) Challenge myself on the bike to suffer a bit more. I have this weird issue where I can ride a Time Trial balls to the wall, but when it comes to the HIM Distance I tend to lallygag into Zone 2 and let my head get the best of me. So the challenge will be to see how hard i can push it and see what's left in the run.
5) While 4) is legit, I also need to be patient and not hammer it out mile 1-20 then soft pedal home:)
6) Will be a quick trip, but hope for nice weather and a good first race!
7) Forgot to mention salt water swim! Mouth closed and lots of lube on the neck so i dont chafe.
Have a great rest of the week y'all!