Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday's Shenanigans

What do you get when you put this:


In a bag, carry it up the stairs:
Put it in here: ( You know where this is going)


Sadly remove the down jacket, the Lulu shorts, put on the designated "warm" shorts and...

In we go...


But its too cold! I think the tap water was cold enough. Water shoes are mandatory.
This expression pretty much says it all: HOLY COW!

I guess taking an ice bath means that either I really did some work that required it, or we just have so much snow I figured why not. A little bit of both I guess. Working back to some lunges, squats, etc with the TRX coupled with some hard(er) rides and a few miles on the TM meant when i got up in the middle of the night to go use the bathroom I could barely walk! oops.
But maybe not oops. Now is the time to be sore I guess, even tho I wince thinking about increasing the strength sessions in the future.

So another exciting day in Minnesota.

11 comments:

cheryl said...

Good to see you putting the snow to good use. You should try to make some ice cream.

Unknown said...

That is a really great idea to use the snow! Just not the yellow snow:-)

Damie said...

okay- every time I think of snow I think of you. And seriously, stop working out so hard b/c it is making me look bad. :)

Angela and David said...

I'm going to need you to stop posting until winter ends up there.

Betsy said...

You are freaking nuts! I'd rather not be able to walk than get in an ice bath right now. My feet are numb and cold sitting at my desk right now. It's like I'm in a permenant "iced" state - no need to actually add ice!

Jenn said...

Hey-Thanks for the comment. I am getting a vague recollection here. Crazy small world!! Were you standing to my left in the start corral. If you are who I think you are, I spoke with you briefly afterwards and you finished a couple minutes ahead of me I think. Too wierd! Are you doing that race again? You guys are really getting the snow dumping down there! Hope you enjoyed that ice bath-the thought of an ice bath is just nauseating to me right now! A lawn chair on the beach however.....

Running and living said...

Icebaths with snow are much tougher than with ice. I started using snow last year and realized that a little goes a long way!

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

Brrrr snow plus ice bath double brrrrrr- sounds like a fun workout though ;)

Trigirlpink said...

I got my bum handed to me this morning at a small TRX class I signed up for. 10 visits (this is my 4th class) and I should have that sucker nailed down. It's FREAKING hard!! I like the water shoe idea. I have a hard time doing the ice bath thing. PAINFUL and then you get out feeling like your walking around on stumps! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!

Kim said...

NICE Julia!! That's an awesome idea!! Wow.. I should do it! Did it make your bathtub dirty?? ha! Probably you got it from the top so no! I'm pretty sore myself...cross training kicks my HINEY so I feel your pain!! Love the pictures! And your face after!

Charisa said...

haha - that's awesome. Merry Christmas!