Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

It always makes me sad that we say Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays and then POOF! It's all over. I try to not let it just come and go like that. For example, lets leave the tree up for another month. Seriously. I love the lights, Why not?
And of course still wishing your loved ones, family, friends and co-workers a happy new year and good health...does that have to end on Jan 2? I hope not.

Anyways....lotsa fun pics....Pre holiday swims: And I forgot my phone so you dont get to see this suit on me, but i love it. It has gingerbread on the butt ( um, and spritz and sugar cookies and m and m's and...oh wait... you know what i mean) and Peace and Happy Holidays on the back side too. I may even wear it this week again.


This is why we arent grilling outside. Or swimming, for that matter.
Where's Waldo? Scroll down to find Waldo ...

Yes under that white fluff is Waldo. Our pool. Sweet, just named the pool. I am all about naming things, makes them more personal. Notice the diving board and the grill. No, we arent currently grilling much.

We had family pizza on the 23rd and hung out with Ruby. She had fun..or we did. Dressing her up in my scarf, and laughing way more than was warrented. A year ago she wouldnt have gone for this, and we are happy to say we think that Ruby has forgotten her depression days as a RAGOM pup when she was in a kennel with two other dogs and never had anyone to love on her.

Finally she gave me the "Where is my mom?" look. Her mom ( my mom) was out to dinner and i think Ruby was crying "uncle." And really we werent abusing her, she just loves it when we get down on the floor and hang with her, so I did:)

Christmas eve was fantastic and full of extended family at my parent's house. Lots of good humor, fun, giggles and memories of our family members that we miss so dearly. We try to keep those traditions alive:
Orange Jello ( with cool whip)
Christmas tree socks
Chocolate chip cookies for dessert ( in addition to the sugar cookies of course)
Beef Tenderloin...wait...not this year! Honey baked ham won out!
Red wine...wait...Julia made Cosmo's too...Just call me the " Enabler" and my cousin Ann who introduced me to the phrase " I want a tiny --TINI" cute! Ok, got it Ann!

Me: Ann: Heide ( my oldest sister)
Ruby got a flashing necklace....
Sisters!
Chippy's au apair, Janis, is from Bogota, Columbia and has never seen snow like this before. She ice skated, went sledding, and gave Ruby her fair share of love. Janis is fantastic, Chippy and Heide are so lucky to have her.
Kitchen Aftermath:
So....xmas eve was a success...we woke up and did it all over again.


Crack me up: the boys cant contain their excitement for the gifts Heide brought from her international travel, Eyeflaps, ear plugs and likely some booties for comfortable travel. Chippy put his headlamp on to better get a view of the loot:
Joe has found a new way to make it thru the school day:
His mom is the cupcake chef. I sent this pic to her and said we had her son hostage and she had tobring us cupcakes or we wouldnt let him go. Hmm. We havent heard from her yet. Anyone else feel that way about their 6 and 8 yo son's?
Willie in the background thinks the idea of his older brother being kidnapped is JUST FANTASTIC!!!

Brunch back at my folks...lots of fun stockings and presents and then back to our place for Xmas dinner with Weisbeckers and Mairs. What a great day! I hope you all had a restful weekend and Santa was generous to you and your's.


16 comments:

cheryl said...

Merry Christmas Julia. Cute swimsuit! Cute Ruby!!!!

Running and living said...

Merry Christmas! We finally got snow, big time, though:)

Damie said...

We had a good Christmas here too. Glad to see you had such a good time with the fam- and cute sis picture!

Beth said...

Love the suit...and the Ruby dog! :) Great to hear how awesome your holidays were! :)

Anonymous said...

How fun Julia!! Cody is a RAG dog as well - he and Ruby would LOVE each other. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas!!!

sallyaston said...

Great pictures! Happy holidays! :-)

Kim said...

aw, looks like a wonderful holiday. merry christmas to you, rich and ruby!

Libby said...

merry christmas girl! love the pics. looks like you ahd a great holiday. waldo will be found sooner or later ;)

Ange said...

looks like a wondeful holiday weekend!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!!! I would love to leave our trees up for a while too...

Betsy said...

With all the snow this year I'm afraid it's going to stay right through pool season but you had to post a picture just to tease me didn't you?!?

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! Bring on 2011..I think it has great things in store for you!

ADC said...

Merry Christmas. Photos look fab.

The Triathlon Rx said...

Christmas might be over but the holiday LOOVE is not! I'll be celebrating until the 18th when I'm back in lecture. Until then, let it rain :D

Looks like a fanntastic Christmas! Glad you got to spend it with the fam, even if Waldo was not invited. :) Haha I name stuff too... my blender, my car, my Garmin. =/

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful group of pics! It looks like your holiday was great, I am right there with you on wishing it wouldn't just disappear so quickly after the big Christmas Day! But! Christmas rolling on means we are starting to inch toward warmer weather (however far off that may be!)

Trigirlpink said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Love the Splishy.

Teresa said...

What a day! Okay...that suit is adorable! Happy holidays!

Maggs said...

Hope you had a great Christmas and have a Happy New Year!