Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ruby Update:

Soon we hope she will be home in MN. Ruby was supposed to come up to MN this weekend but in the middle of last week she had a stomach virus and was throwing up and not eating. She had a temp of 104 and needed IV ( well they dont do an IV but they inject fluids under their skin).
So far she is doing better and my mom is in constant communication with Karen, Ruby's foster mom, shown in the pic. As of now Ruby is scheduled to come home to MN on Wednesday. The Vet in Iowa isnt sure if she has a UTI or if possibly since she is a rescue dog this is part psychological.
Last night I attempted to watch Marley and Me but was met with a sudden outburst of tears at a turning point in the movie so I think i am the one with psychological issues :) My sister got out of the room in time, but I didnt. oops. Went upstairs and did dishes and weeped for a bit and let the movie run out while Rich and his daughter shed a few tears.

Today is a new day, I rested ( I always sleep well after a good cry!), did a killer workout (Just when I think Jen has given me the worst it comes full circle and then some...)Ruby ate, ( I ate too, alot...) and so... we hope that we will soon meet our Easter Pup.

Happy Easter to you all.

4 comments:

runningyankee said...

i made the mistake of watching marley and me after my race last sunday.. i was too dehydrated to cry so what a mess that was!! good luck with the pup :) i hope everything works out ok for her!

Marit C-L said...

Hopefully the puppy will feel okay - you too!

You know, I just can't watch animal movies like that. I'm a total wet rag, I swear. I read the book and couldn't stop crying for days on end... I'm just too sensitive when it comes to animals. And you - I know... If I were there, I would give you a HUGE hug, and then put the Mini Monster on your lap to cuddle you... Because the House Monster would squish you...but it would make you laugh...

Charisa said...

Oh I'm so sorry, hang in there! Hope the pup is better soon!

Trigirlpink said...

I hope Ruby dog is on the mend. What a sweet face she has. Bottle cage: I got one of those fancy Xlabs Carbon Sonic setups.