Monday, April 06, 2009

Tidbits


Not much going on really. My sister Elizabeth and I went to hear my brother Rob perform his voice recital at Mcphail school of music in downtown Mpls sunday. My nephews and my sister in law, her mom and her sister were also there. Rob did awesome. What a voice. I am seriously thinking if he could stretch out "If I only had a Brain" and add on "Somewhere over the Rainbow" and a few others he would be my pick for musical appearance at my wedding. Nephew Will burst out with "Doe a Deer" and Joe finished it off with tunes from the Chipmunks. Which i cant understand one word of, so that would be perfect for the reception dont ya think? Plus Will ( who is 4, btw) was all about the microphone and "How ya all doin today?"After sitting thru opera and a few others I was thinking those boys deserved a bit of Mr. Microphone time.

It was really fun and special...also bc Rob and I used to support each other at tennis matches all thru juniors and college. And so at first I was like "uh sure, I can come hear you sing..um..want to play tennis after?" In all honesty Rob has a phenomenal voice and so i knew he would do a great performance. He has the confidence and stage presence to pull it off, wheras I tend to get the mike and start the shakes or talk as if i have just had 5 cappucinos. toastmasters anyone?

So where am i going with this post? Lots of fun with my family upcoming this spring and summer.

Chippy will be up from TX ( another nephew!) and will expect my dad to be ready for the water balloon throwing..oh i mean TOSSING... contest at the cabin.

My mom saw me race last summer for the first time, and tho there will be less of this...I hope they come to see me do a Tri this summer, or a road race or a TT. But to be honest, even posting this crit picture makes me want to do them this summer. That is me in the inside corner. Super fun even if i am scared of someone taking me out again this summer.

On Good Friday my mom and dad will drive to Iowa to pick up their new rescue golden. I just wrote IONA, instead of IOWA. So although Iona is no longer with us in body she is with us in spirit and we hope that our love for Iona will carry over to love for Ruby. She is a rescue dog and has been with a foster family in Iowa. I tell ya, if you ever thought adopting a baby from China was full of hoops you should see what my parents have gone thru. I am so excited to meet her and I know my parents cant wait for another "BABY!" to love.

Iona, gone but not forgotten.


And i will finish this random post with some neat pics Jenny just sent ...LOVE IT. Sunday i did my long run in sleet and wind driven snow. I think you all have seen enough of my snow / ice winter pics so i have to tell you that I sure wish i had been running with Jenny and Mary. But sometime soon I hope to be running in sun and warm temps. No Cacti ( plural for cactus?) in MN but I will take the heat and humidity as soon as it is time.

And yes, note PINK socks. Happy Easter week to you all.

5 comments:

StevenCX said...

State Fair crits are going to be a blast again this year!

runningyankee said...

great to read about your "other life".. what you dont run and bike all the time? please give the new pup a big hug :) i'm such a fan of rescues.. they truly make the best dogs!! i'm longing for tucson too.. the pollen has descended on NC and everything is covered in a yellow blanket. ugh! have a great week!!

Eileen Swanson said...

Ruby is so cute! I love that your parents adopted her from a golden rescue. How hard was it for them? Nice trail running pics too!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

I am super impressed that you race crits, I have been asked to do them a couple of times and have always chickened out - afraid of break a bone or bones? Great training for the bike portion in tris though.....I heard you are a phenomenal biker from the pink sock ladies.

Charisa said...

water balloon throwing rocks!! :)