Friday, February 27, 2009

THIS IS GETTING OLD


So did you know that wednesday I rode outside for 3 hours? I had a rare day with no work till 2pm.
Did you know I ran hills thursday and the road/hill was clear? Last time i ran hills on snow my calves let me know that was a NO-NO. It took me 4 weeks to get the Soleus and the Flexor Digitorum ( let me know if you want a post on all the cool muscles in your calves and the extrinisic/intrinsics of your feet bc at this point I am really not going to post anymore about weather. After today! HA!)
This is Friday. Sun is out. Last night it was seriously a Blizzard. I couldnt see a thing. I was a white knuckle driver coming home from work. And i didnt even get to work bc I couldnt see and the ice on the windshield wipers was crusted on my windshield.
More snow in case you didnt get enough of it in the earlier pictures.
Moral of the story is this: I know WE LOVE to talk about the weather and how cold it is. But really March is our snowiest month. And it isnt March yet. Luckily it will be gone. Sooner or Later. Likely later.But no whineing from anyone that doesnt have their streets covered in white.
Poor lost bike.
But soon.....
Go-Go will get her time on the dry roads of TT land and Tri land and...
I can dress like a colorful posterboard and ride to Aravaca. This way the Border Patrol driving up and down Aravaca Road will see me and so will the folks trying to bust into AZ from Mexico.
In the mean time I have plenty of snow in the freezer for upcoming ice baths.

8 comments:

Marit C-L said...

Wow.

Damn.

Wow - that's all I can say. Um, beautiful? But I know you guys are sick of it...

It'll just make Tuscon seem all that much better. Uh - hang in there!

Beth said...

ARGH!!! Just when you have one semi-nice day - BOOM, more snow!! I hope you got dug out. Good thing you are going to AZ!!!! :)

Charisa said...

I will also say BEAUTIFUL!! But I'm pretty sure that's not what you're thinking at this point :) Hope it melts for you quick!!

GoBigGreen said...

Charisa, Yes it is pretty. I agree. Last night when it came down it was a total white out all afternoon and evening. But dawn came and YES bright COLD sunshine. I think it was 3 degrees and -20 windchill at 7am.

Jennifer Harrison said...

OH ICX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! End it all now and fast.
Tucson T minus 10 days or so! wooooooooo

Maggs said...

Brrrrr. And you get more snow in March? Ugh.

Jennifer Cunnane said...

Ha Ha, having fun looking at all that white crap for long? I don't know how you all do it!! Have fun in AZ!!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous scenery!!!

Wow Julia you rock!!!! Your going to AZ??? Have fun!!!