Sunday, October 11, 2009

Is it really here?

Winter, that is.
Congrats to all the Kona finishers, the Chicago Marathoners and to all those in the Midwest that have had snow and flurries this weekend. We should get a finisher medal for having the courage to get out of bed.
I have been really sore still after that 1o miler. I was emailing around about what supplements to take and all that and have come to the conclusion that i just need to rest and not worry about it. Deep rest. That isnt something I am too experienced with. When I played tennis all the time you didnt really need DEEP rest. So when Jen said NO TRAINER in October I knew she meant it! And yes It did snow while i was riding today!
So what else is new...?
Rich's daughter is running the Chicago Marathon today and I have not heard yet how it went for her! I hope she had a a memorable race and I am really proud of her no matter what! Horray Emily!
The Twins really bummed me out last week and tonight I will hope they can rally against those Yankees!
Ok signing off for now. More next week from Mayo!

3 comments:

Angela and David said...

I can't believe you were riding in the snow already in October! This is nuts, even for the midwest. Hopefully this means winter will end early. There's got to be some kind of silver lining in all of this weather nonsense.

Jennifer Harrison said...

Thinking of you and Rich this week @ Mayo! Enjoy some downtime a bit too, Julia. :)

Damie said...

I would take Jen up on the no trainer stuff- I am sure she is going to stick it to you later anyways!