Monday, July 18, 2011

This is more like it...

Yes I mean the heat. I am sorry if some people dont handle the heat well, and while i am happy with 80 I have to admit that in order to survive the sub zero i need the insane heat. If you live here you may understand me, and if you live here and think i am nuts then perhaps you need to go buy another snowblower and some shovels and another turtleneck. It will be here soon.

So in bullet point fashion since i have heatstroke right now ( kidding):
We had a great ride at Lake Pepin last weekend. I am glad we werent doing it this weekend bc 93 deg was hot enough, and today they say its 97 and a heat index of 1 million. I dont know, i know that the humidity is high. Anyways. This picture was taken when we are still in MN and i was telling Rich to stop dawdling bc we still had about 50 miles to go, so my pose reflects my " um this isnt a leisure ride."
Then again you cant see me and my sister said i look like Frankenstein with my braids. Yea i know they stick out, not sure how to fix that. other than to get longer hair.
 Then here i am modeling one of my sweet Betty Designs purchases. The Tank top. i love it. I also got a kit, that will come in the next photo. ( note that my braids are again frankenstein-esque)



(it doesnt look like its 97 with a huge dewpoint does it?)

Friday night we had a fun Skirt Chaser event where we bought too many Skirt sports things ( Ok i did) and then we rode our bikes in the rain ( it had actually stopped) and the guys chased us. It was totally a fun ride, and they did indeed catch us but i dont think more than 1 gal was riding hard bc we were too busy chatting and also in my case, tucking my skirts sports dress into my shorts so i didnt get a rooster tail up my behind. Then we had a nice bbq and i had some Brat with my saurkraut, mustard and pickle entree. Super fun event and if you havent seen Nicole DeBoom's line you really are missing out. Of course you have. Hillary Biscay wears it....Skirt Sports I know there were some pics taken but i havent seen them, but this is the dress i wore: and since it was cold ( um not really but it was wet) I had to buy the longsleeve top that matched! 

Wonder Girl DressThis weekend i did an open water swim race at Lake Harriet. one of your metro lakes. It was either a 2 loop ( 5K) or 1 loop (2.5K) and i decided to do the shorter one. CAll me a wimp but if i didnt see you there then you had better not. It was wetsuit legal ( Gosh dont know how in the world i could have done that it was hot) but i felt pretty good, swam easy to start and let the high school kids get in front of me and eventually gap me, so i was solo, with some behind me and i had a lovely swim. The course is an upside down triangle so with only two buoys and about 1000 out and back it was tough to sight. But i remembered Michelle last year telling me that Ocean Swims have no buoys so i got my big girl lake suit on and went for it. I had to stop just once at each turn bc they were not 90 deg turns, and make sure i had cut the angle right, but i think i did pretty good. No giant fish, a few weeds but came out in about the same time as last year. Turns out i won my AG ( since all the others were like 16 yo) but not sure what i won bc i left to go ride before the heat index reached 1 million again. LOVE that open water, especially without a wetsuit. It's so freeing!

Here is me with the Men's winner and GW teammate Thad: He started 20 min ahead of me, did twice the distance and i think got out about 5 minutes after me. That is a swimmer for ya!


So we race again this weekend, July 24, a local race. I am pretty non jazzed excited about it, and i am not toally sure why. Actually i think i am just not STRESSED out about it. I have my game plan, and its really a good long practice day for IM. So i will be a total liar if i dont say i dont care how i do, but if i can nail my nutrition and game plan as a mini practice for Madison ( at a faster pace) I will be happy.  I have a friend coming to stay with me, renee, from Wisc, but Kansas fame ( my partner in crime in Kansas) so that will be awesome. 

That's about all you need to know for now, other than my awesome sauce mom turned 82 yesterday. Pretty awesome. And yes I have been watching Parks and Rec's reruns. You wont get that if you dont know who April is. 

13 comments:

cheryl said...

Yes, I love the skirt sport skits too! I would trade i all my shorts for the skirts, if I didn't feel like it was such a waste of money. Love the BD kit! and that you rocked the non-wetsuit race! not so much that you love 90 degrees ;-)

Unknown said...

What is a rooster tail?

Jennifer Harrison said...

LOVE this heat, yes yes!
Have fun w/ RR this weekend! And, I love the Betty Designs. I do not have any of their stuff...but I must look!! :)

Michelle Simmons said...

Yay for open water swimming! Our race last weekend used a HUGE rock formation in the water as a 'buoy'... i.e. "Swim around that big black rock..." Love that!

TriGirl Kate O said...

Cute cute cute--your pig tails and the bike kit!!!

LizH said...

Oh i love the pics and I am WITH you ont he heat..need it to survive the winters! oooh...Betty designs - my daughter is a Betty..must get me some!
I think you look more like Pippi Longstocking - don't change those braids :) Good luck on your race!!!

elizabeth said...

I think your braids are adorable and I love the Betty Designs and Skirt Sports stuff... hmmmm, I might need to spend some time in the retail shop today trying SS stuff on. :) hehe! I am envious of the Betty Designs gear you have AND I spy some Lulu on you too. ;) All my favorites!! You are a fastinista for sure!

Damie said...

You are so cute. I am such a non-clothes shopper, it cracks me up when I see all of the cute stuff you have. Have a great race this weekend. And, it is great that you care- even if it is a C race to Madison. It is just the athlete in you:)

Teresa said...

Gotta love some Betty Designs!!! Enjoy the heat!!

tn

Libby said...

congrats on the win! and cute kit! must have!!!! by the way, definitely hotter there than it is in florida right now

The Triathlon Rx said...

Haha I'm with you .... I'm LOVING this heat!! :D

Charisa said...

Have a great weekend racing and enjoy that heat!! I get it :)

Lindsay said...

I have that same tank top in turquoise! i love it :)