Thursday, April 23, 2009

Race #1
Despite a less than stellar forecast for the weekend I am heading into my first running race in a long long time. My emotions are mixed and mostly I am excited to run in the rain ( 80% chance with mid 40 degree temps, oh joy) with 8000 other runners. As i swam today..when it is 80 outside and I was in the pool wishing we could move days and move workouts..I realized what better day to run 6.2 miles at a slightly faster pace than my body wants to and not have to do it on the TM! Bonus. I am lining up right at the start!
That isnt true actually but i suspect there will be some FAST racers out there with TEAM USA housed in our backyard. And Jen can ask me if i wore arm warmers. Likely YES.

What ruffles my feathers a bit more and makes me feel a bit more pouty, ( insert pouty lip HERE) is that sunday we are signed up for the Ironman 100 miler. Last year it snowed. I never do this ride. Now i know why. Too much anxiety about what could be a super 5 hour ride with all the salted nut rolls I can stuff in my pocket ( and my mouth). But it will be what it will be and if that means trainer, that means trainer..after Perkins of course. I dont really like Perkins but if it gives me some time to "de-pout" and coffee load before the trainer, then so be it.

Happy weekend to all racing wherever you may be, and just know that if you are out of the midwest you are likely in the right place.

Oh and Jen C asked if i was going to do 100 miles on the trainer. OH NO WAY. NO KATE O Ironman on my calender. Nah. just kinda want to put the trainer away.




7 comments:

Jennifer Cunnane said...

You will do great at your race! I know what you mean about needing to load up on the coffee/food prior to long workout. I am confused, are you seriously going to do the entire 100 miler on your trainer??? YOu GO girl!

StevenCX said...

I'm doing the Winter Begone Du on Sunday. Let's hope it doesn't rain!

Marit C-L said...

Have a GREAT time racing this weekend - awesome! Yeah...100 miles on the trainer. NO WAY JOSE! Fingers crossed for good weather!

I LOVE salted nut rolls. Well - those and Planter's Nut Goodies... YUM!

runningyankee said...

good luck! hmm salted nut rolls eh? will have to add those to the "go ahead - try it" list....

BreeWee said...

Oh I so hope you enjoy the run, a long long time since one means YOU ARE due for one!

Hope it goes great!!
100 miles on the trainer-YIKES! Hope you are outside...

TriGirl Kate O said...

So this IM idiot's first 100 miler is May 9th. Come join me and feed me those salted peanut deeliebobs. RT airfare is $250 and there's a direct NWA flight friday night/Sun morning. You know I have to learn to eat while pedalling...

Eileen Swanson said...

Have a great race! And have lots of fun doing that 100 miler...I'll hope for great weather for you guys...